Summer Term 2021
Summer Term 2021
Classes continue to be in class bubbles for all activities inside and outside however, if rates continue to decline we will reassess whether children can return to shared breaks outside.
Using our 6Rs we will continue to support our pupils in school by:
- Jigsaw units – Relationships and Changing Me
- reinforcing our behavior policy and how we should treat each other
- social skills activities to support children returning to larger social groups
- CAP UK workshops for KS2 classes
- reminding children the importance of trying their best
- taking pride in the presentation of their work
- remembering to bring the resources required to support their learning, e.g. reading books, PE kits, etc
- remembering to complete homework tasks and practising key skills
- staff modelling good behaviours
- updating playground games and activities, more open-ended boxes of equipment
- reminding children to use the information and resources available to them for support prior to asking the adults, e.g. working walls, peers.
- continuing to reinforce answers, whether spoken or written, are to be submitted in complete sentences
- thinking about how to get round problems – can it be done another way?
- explaining the reasons behind the decisions made with the new routines and rules in school
- using maths and English working walls to support learning and problem solving
- checking your spellings and punctuation before submitting work
- revisiting previous learning tasks – is there something there that can help me?
- developing comprehension skills through class reading
- promoting stamina in activities and a desire to keep going by setting small targets
- promoting and learning to adjust back into larger groups/classes
- staged return to larger groups in the playground
- Year 6 residential – taking part in adventurous activities and sleeping away from home
- school trip participation
- commenting or responding to feedback provided to task completion
- PSHE sessions to discuss relationships and how things may have changed in the past twelve months
- looking forward to September and the new challenges ahead, possible change of class
- transition to secondary school for year 6