Full Time Teaching Assistant
General Teaching Assistant – Permanent Term Time Only – School Hours
- Closing Date: Sunday 20th November - Midnight
- Interview Date(s): TBC
- Contract/Hours: Full time (9am-3.30pm, 30 hours
- Salary Type: Education Support
- Salary Details: £10.60-£10.79 B Grade
- Hours of Work: 30hrs per (Term time only)
- Location of Role: Whimple Primary School, Whimple, EX5 2TS
- Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
We would like the post to commence as soon as possible.
Whimple Primary School is seeking to appoint one person to carry out the role of a General Teaching Assistant. The hours would be 30 hours per week during the school day, term time only. The role would include Mealtime Assistant duties. The role will be working mainly with our younger classes. However, some flexibility will be required to work across all years depending on where the need arises.
Whimple Primary School is a small village school with a warm, friendly and supportive atmosphere, situated on the outskirts of Exeter, close to Ottery St Mary. Our school aspires to be a safe environment at the heart of the community where everyone is valued, and which encourages all the children to achieve their potential whilst being caring and aware of both their physical and mental wellbeing. The school promotes the 6Rs – Responsibility, Respect, Resourcefulness, Reasoning, Reflection and Resilience. We have an excellent team of staff who create a nurturing working environment where children feel supported and encouraged to take responsibility for themselves, others and their environment.
You will provide in-class support, small group sessions and occasional one to one, under the direction of the class teacher. We are looking for an individual with a sensitive, inspiring and nurturing approach to the needs and educational development of the children, who can be flexible, communicate effectively and think creatively.
Ideally, you will:
- Be able to build positive relationships with children, staff and parents;
- Have strong English and Math’s skills; (minimum GCSE qualification)
- Be able to maintain consistent boundaries, while being flexible and resilient in supporting the pupil.
- Be willing to work as part of team and liaise with other professionals both within and outside school
- Be able to use you own initiative when required
Whimple Primary School require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Whimple Primary School is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check (DBS) is required for this post.
Please complete the application form on the school website http://www.whimple-primary.devon.sch.uk/website and return it to the school office via post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to call us our number is 01404 822584.
We look forward to receiving your application.