Job Vacancy Teaching Assistant
28th September 2021
General Teaching Assistant – full time
- Closing Date: Tuesday 12th October midday
- Interview Date(s): w/c Monday 18th October
- Contract/Hours: Temporary, Full Time (Reviewed by end of Summer Term 2022)
- Salary Type: Education Support
- Salary Details: £9.43 B Grade
- Hours of Work: 30hrs per week, 9-3.30pm (Term time only)
- Location of Role: Whimple Primary School, Whimple, EX5 2TS
- Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
This is a temporary Full Time post to commence as early as possible in the autumn term 2021. (Role will be reviewed in Summer Term 2022 -potential for extension)
Whimple Primary School is seeking to appoint one person to carry out the general role of Teaching Assistant with Mealtime Assistant duties. The role will be working across the key stages. However, as the role progresses some flexibility will be required to work across all years depending on where the need arises.
Whimple Primary School is a small village school with a warm, friendly and supportive atmosphere. Situated on the outskirts of Exeter, close to Ottery St Mary. Our school aspires to be a safe environment at the heart of the community where everyone is valued, and which encourages all the children to achieve their potential whilst being caring and aware of both their physical and mental wellbeing. The school promotes the 6Rs – Responsibility, Respect, Resourcefulness, Reasoning, Reflection and Resilience. We have an excellent team of staff who create a nurturing working environment where children feel supported and encouraged to take responsibility for themselves, others and their environment.
You will provide in-class support, small group sessions and occasional one to one, under the direction of the class teacher. We are looking for an individual with a sensitive, inspiring and nurturing approach to the needs and educational development of the children, who can be flexible, communicate effectively and think creatively.
Ideally, you will:
- Be able to build positive relationships with children, staff and parents;
- Have strong English and Math’s skills; (minimum GCSE qualification)
- Be able to maintain consistent boundaries, while being flexible and resilient in supporting the pupil.
- Be willing to work as part of team and liaise with other professionals both within and outside school
- Be able to use you own initiative when required,
Please complete the application form attached and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to call us our number is 01404 822584.
We look forward to receiving your application.