Whimple Primary School aspires to be a safe environment at the heart of the community where everyone is valued, and which encourages all the children to achieve their potential whilst being caring and aware of the wider world around them.
We shall achieve this through:
Providing a broad and balanced curriculum which inspires and motivates children to learn.
- Offering a wide range of extra curricular activities including sport and music.
- Delivering high quality, inspirational and innovative teaching.
- Promoting the 6Rs – Responsibility, Respect, Resourcefulness, Reasoning, Reflection, Resilience.
- Creating a nurturing working environment where children feel safe and supported in taking risks within their learning.
- Developing core skills in reading, writing and maths.
- Involvement with local community events such as carol services, wassailing, and the Civic Award, as well as supporting charities.
- Encouraging children to take responsibility for themselves and others, and their environment.
- Ensuring an interest in physical and mental well being.
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders.
Whimple Primary School was inspected by OfSTED in October 2017 and was judged to be a good school where the behaviour and safety of the pupils was outstanding. This indicates that the school is providing well for its pupils and that they are well prepared for the next stage of their education.