Teaching Assistant Vacancy
9th June 2021
JOB VACANCY - General Teaching Assistant – part time
- Closing Date: 25.06.21 midday
- Interview Date(s): w/c 28th June 2021
- Contract/Hours: Permanent, Part-time
- Salary Type: Education Support
- Salary Details: £9.43 B Grade
- Hours of Work: 16-18hrs per week, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, Wednesday morning, Friday all day (School Day 9-3.15)
- Location of Role: Whimple Primary School, Whimple, EX5 2TS
- Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a permanent post to commence as early as possible in the summer term 2021.
Whimple Primary School is seeking to appoint one person to carry out the general role of Teaching Assistant with Mealtime Assistant duties. The role will, for the majority, be working with the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)/KS1 children. However, as the role progresses some flexibility will be required to work across all years depending on where the need arises.
We are a small village school with a warm, friendly and supportive atmosphere. Situated on the outskirts of Exeter, close to Ottery St Mary. Our school aspires to be a safe environment at the heart of the community where everyone is valued, and which encourages all the children to achieve their potential whilst being caring and aware of both their physical and mental wellbeing. The school promotes the 6Rs – Responsibility, Respect, Resourcefulness, Reasoning, Reflection and Resilience. We have an excellent team of staff who create a nurturing working environment where children feel supported and encouraged to take responsibility for themselves, others and their environment.
You will provide in-class support and small group sessions under the direction of the class teacher. We are looking for an individual with a sensitive, inspiring and nurturing approach to the needs and educational development of the children, who can be flexible, communicate effectively and think creatively.
Ideally, you will:
- Be able to build positive relationships with children, staff and parents;
- Have strong English and Math’s skills; (minimum GCSE qualification)
- Be able to maintain consistent boundaries, while being flexible and resilient in supporting the pupil.
- Be willing to work as part of team and liaise with other professionals both within and outside school
- Be able to use you own initiative when required,
Please complete the application form attached below and return it to the school office via post or email to email@example.com. If you wish to call us, our number is 01404 822584.
We look forward to receiving your application.