Job Vacancy Teaching Assistant
31st March 2021
Teaching Assistant Vacancy - 17.5 hours per week (12-3.30 Mondays-Fridays)
This is a fixed term post to commence as soon as possible in the Summer term 2021.
Whimple Primary School is seeking to appoint one person to carry out the role of 1:1 Teaching Assistant with Mealtime Assistant duties.
Whimple Primary School is a small village school with a warm, friendly and supportive atmosphere. Situated on the outskirts of Exeter, close to Ottery St Mary. Our school aspires to be a safe environment at the heart of the community where everyone is valued, and which encourages all the children to achieve their potential whilst being caring and aware of both their physical and mental wellbeing. The school promotes the 6Rs – Responsibility, Respect, Resourcefulness, Reasoning, Reflection and Resilience. We have an excellent team of staff who create a nurturing working environment where children feel supported and encouraged to take responsibility for themselves, others and their environment.
This is a fixed term appointment supporting a Year 4 child with an Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP). You will provide in-class support and 1:1 sessions under the direction of the teacher and SENDCo. We are looking for an individual with a sensitive, inspiring and nurturing approach to the child’s needs, who can be flexible, communicate effectively and think creatively.
Ideally, you will:
- Be able to build positive relationships with children, staff and parents;
- Have strong English and Math’s skills;
- Be able to maintain consistent boundaries, while being flexible and resilient in supporting the pupil.
- Be willing to work as part of team and liaise with other professionals both within and outside school
- Be able to use you own initiative when required,
- Have prior knowledge and experience of working with children with special educational needs
Please complete the application form below, and return it to the school office via post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to call us our number is 01404 822584. Closing Date Midday Sunday 25th April 2021.
Interviews - early May 2021
We look forward to receiving your application.